Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Final Project Outline


Megan Watson
I-300

Outline for I300 Final Project

Description: My final project will be a compilation of interviews of various friends, family, coworkers, and complete strangers that will help to give me insight to what the typical American knows of the current state of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.  At this point, my goal is to interview at least 15 people and combine their answers for a collective example of the American knowledge of the conflict. At this point, my current approach to the interview is as follows:

Initial Statement: I am researching for a class at Indiana University Bloomington, do you mind if I ask you some questions? Whatever you choose to say may be used in a classroom environment and/or posted on the Living Jerusalem Blog. At any time you are able to refuse to answer questions or stop the interview.

If the interviewee should submit to these questions, I will use the following questions to gauge their individual understanding of the conflict.  I will then compile their individual answers to try to better understand what the average American understands about the conflict.  Because I am researching the average American, I will incorporate interviewees of various ages, economic status, and ethnicities. Additionally, I will record their responses with a video camera and combine these for a video that I will show in class. This is my first time creating a video so I am sure it will be a challenge.

Questions.
1.     What is your name?
2.     How old are you?
3.     What is your current job, or are you a student?
4.     Where are you from? Have you lived in America all of your life?
5.     Have you traveled abroad?
6.     Can you point to Jerusalem on this map?
7.     Can you tell me about the wall that separates the Israelis and Palestinians within the current state of Israel?
8.     What are your opinions of Palestinian proposal of Statehood to the United Nations?
9.     How often do you read the newspaper or read international news online?
10. Do you have any ideas as to what could settle the conflict of the Israelis and Palestinians?
11.  Have you attended any conferences related to Jerusalem?

No comments:

Post a Comment