Tuesday, October 11, 2011

#5

The problems for the Jerusalem Project of 2011 will be exactly the same as the problems of the previous Jerusalem Fair in Washington, D.C. The topic of religious affiliation is a sensitive one and it doesn't help when members of opposing religions view each other as threats. In my opinion, the best way to go after the Jerusalem Project is through an academic lens rather than through any means of religious approach. I would say that members need to continue reading the Armstrong book because I feel the book got me in the door as far as understanding and articulating through the three religions of Jerusalem. Also, I would like to see the video conferences continue, as we are so much more apt to understand when we speak with an academic scholar.

1 comment:

  1. I also found Armstrong's book incredibly useful. It was a pragmatic text to learn about the history of Jerusalem.

    ReplyDelete